Configuring Voiceover – Audacity Recording
Configuring Voiceover in Room 134A
1) Open Audacity from the Dock, the icon will look like this:
2) Navigate to the preferences by clicking on the Audacity menu and choosing Preferences. From there click on the Devices tab and confirm that the settings match these:
3) Next navigate to the Quality tab within the same preferences panel and confirm that the settings match these:
5) To begin to record audio, click on the record button:
6) When you are finished recording click the stop button:
7) If there are parts of the recording you would like to delete, simply remove them by clicking and dragging over the area in the canvas to select, followed by pressing delete on the keyboard:
8) When you are finished, navigate to the File menu and click on “Export”. This will open up a new window as shown below. Make sure AIFF is your chosen export format because that format works well in all versions of Final Cut Pro and Premiere.
As a reminder, you can import audio files into Final Cut Pro by going to the File menu and choosing Import > Files.